If you are NOT currently enrolled in Medicare Part A and/or B…
What you can do:
- Enroll in Medicare Part A and/or Part B, to be effective on July 1, 2017
- Enroll in Medigap, effective on July 1, 2017
- Enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, beginning on April 1, 2017, effective date on July 1, 2017
- Enroll in a standalone prescription plan
- Enroll in a Medigap plan, unless you can pass medical underwriting, OR can successfully answer questions on a Medigap application.
Remember: if you receive federal assistance towards prescription drug costs (“Extra Help” or also known in the past as Low Income Subsidy), then this deadline does not apply to you.
Otherwise, the deadline for this is March 31, 2017.
Be sure to sign up for the Free Maximize Your Medicare Newsletter!