Watch the trailer and read what a retired hospital CEO & CFO says about the book: https://youtu.be/l0ChK-6meDY
Here are the “highlights” of the proposed changes to Medicare.
- Block grants for Medicaid
- Part D discount doesn’t count for your Part D Coverage Gap calculation
- Lower CMS rates to hospitals
The practical reality is that it will be very difficult to pass these. The implications of the proposals are meaningful.
- Fiscal and demographic pressure exists on the CMS
- Part D discount not counting will make it more important to check your Part D or MAPD every year
While this is going to look like a political fight, these two bullet points exist irrespective of “red state” or “blue state,” or whatever other name-calling you will see in the future. While “anything can happen” is a convenient phrase, these bullets points are not that. They are known, what we have always known, and that people don’t understand the implications. Enter a certain book on Medicare matters.